Table of contents
- Software Requirements
- Acquiring and Installing
- Running the application
- Removing the Application
2. SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
- Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® Server 2008, Windows® Server 2012, Windows® Vista, Windows® 10
- .Net Framework 4.5
- Microsoft Visual Studio® 2012, 2013 or 2015
- SQL Server 2005 min, but 2008 and greater is recommended
- Any Modern Browser
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
If you choose to just run the sample application online you can skip to running the application
3. ACQUIRING AND INSTALLING:
You do not have to install the Inland Marina to run it. I have provided two options to run the web application. A project with files to build and run the application, or an online sample for you to explore the application.
- Download Source code.
- Save to your desktop (this is for ease of access when running and deleting file).
- Create a folder to extract files to, then extract files to you newly created folder. Then delete the compressed file that you downloaded.
- If you downloaded the source code run Visual Studio®, as Administrator.
This is important because WCF layer needs administrator rights to run.
- Set "SAIT.FinalProject.InlandMarina.WebApp" as StartUp Project
- Database is located in the "SAIT.FinalProject.InlandMarina.WcfService\bin\debug" folder. It was put it here just for convenience, I found that in a class library project DataDirectory defaults to the whichever output folder Debug/Release you choose to compile too. If you have any problems connecting to the database file, please check your connection string in the app.config folder. or if you would like move the database file, You will have to change the path in the SAIT.FinalProject.InlandMarina.WcfService app.config file.
4. RUNNING THE APPLICATION:
- Run the online demo application.
- Run the Inland project application in Visual Studio®. Press "Ctrl + F5" to run the application.
- Please click "Available Slips" to view all available slips.
- You can narrow your search to a specific location and dock, then click on the check mark "
- Then you will be prompt to log in.
- If this is the first time you are running the Inland Marina application, please Register.
- Or you can use the default username "jdoe" and password "p@ssword" just a warning you cannot modify or delete this user
5. REMOVING THE APPLICATION:
Just find the folder you created and delete it. this step is only needed to be done if you downloaded the project files.
Copyright 2019 by ddougan.com.
This publication is protected by federal copyright Law, with all rights reserved. No part of this
Publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, translated, transcribed, or transmitted, in
any form, or by any means manual, electric, electronic, electro-magnetic, mechanical, chemical, optical,
or otherwise, with prior explicit written permission from Douglas Dougan.